Sunday, April 13, 2014

First visit to VivoCity

Yesterday we brought Popo to VivoCity for the first time! Have been procrastinating for several months. For those of you wanting to bring your pets there too, it is allowed! I had in fact emailed the management some time back, and was told that pets are allowed in VivoCity as long as they do not touch the floor. Here's their official response:

Although however, during our conversation she did mention that the pet has to be in a bag and not hand-carried. And I would have to "try to hide it". Defeated the purpose of being pet-friendly, but since it wasn't in the official reply, I didn't bother trying to hide her. 

I also brought up the topic of a friend getting chased out by the security guard, and she mentioned that sometimes the guards have to "do something" if a non-dog lover complains about seeing a dog there. I think it's really unfair. Since it's pet-friendly, we have a right to be there too. So to all non dog lovers, keep your ass out of VivoCity.

Anyway, we did enter via Lobby G (just because we found a lot outside the lobby) and went straight up to Pet Safari. Popo's head was sticking out of her bag and many people saw her. I would say I saw more smiles than frowns. =)


Explored Pet Safari with ease. And got super tempted to get a stroller. No I didn't, but I WILL have one. Someday.

Daiso isn't pet-friendly (got sign at the entrance). Just so you know. So we headed downstairs. Her head was still out by the way. We went into Challenger. The staff saw her. No problem. Went into this shop with small boxes. Also no problem. Samsung and Apple too. We did make it a point to look for 'No Pets' signs before entering though.

We didn't explore much cos first, the crowd was giving me a headache. Second, Popo was heavy. Third, it was dinnertime and we were hungry. I had also forgotten to bring water out for her. So guess where we went? GIANT! Yes the supermarket!

Was quite apprehensive although we couldn't see a 'No Pets' sign. But the staff saw her and didn't say anything. People saw her and didn't complain. We even went to the food sections! Wish we went earlier so we could have more time to shop around. Boo.

I don't expect the restaurants to be pet-friendly, so we just dabao-ed out to the Boardwalk. There was a bazaar there, and very crowded. Let Popo out to walk and I would say she got quite some attention. All positive the way I see it. Lol. She saw the sunset for the first time (I think) too.


Singapore needs to be more pet-friendly. Having a pet is already so expensive, it would certainly help if we weren't restricted to expensive pet cafes and pet taxis. It means a lot to have our pets out spending the day with us you know? Tsk.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...